Jan 20, 2008

An ode to Economy

Dear Economy,

You are not well and it appears you are getting worse everyday.

I know we've never been that close -- I never bothered to get to know you outside of high school -- but I am worried about you Economy.

Those in your inner circle say there's nothing that can be done for you. According to this Associated Press article on MSNBC:

There is no piece of economic data, no corporate earnings report, no move by the Federal Reserve and no government tax plan that will be able to soothe the market’s anxiety in the next couple weeks over the weakening economy.

Market analysts say you just need time. I can respect that Economy. Take this time to get strong and healthy. But I beg you, please don't take more than a year because then I need a job so I can start paying off that 9 percent interest rate on my student loans (Oh yeah, thanks for that by the way).

Look I know it's hard but you just can't keep going in this downward direction. I don't want you to fall into another recession.

Economy it's time for you to stand up, brush yourself off and start climbing out of this hole. I realize it won't happen overnight but I have faith you eventually will be on top again.

I'll be keeping a close eye on you for the next couple of months. If you need anything, let me know.

Good luck Economy!

Your friend (kind of),
Bianca

No comments: