Feb 12, 2008

Dogs are awesome

In addition to having the world's coolest cat, I also have two adorable dogs that live at my permanent address with my parents in New York -- Fredy the Dalmatian (yes that's one "d") and Cracker the Dachshund.

They're an unlikely couple but they're perfect compliments to one another.
As a result of having such diverse dogs, I have always adored all breeds of dogs and that's why the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show makes me say "awww" out loud, one too many times.

I didn't get to watch it on T.V. this year because I don't get the channel, but lucky for me the New York Times has a Times Topic section that indexes on one page all stories, Slide Shows and other multimedia about a certain topic.

Today's "Hot Topic" of course is the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show.

Now I can sit at my MacBook and easily look at Slide Shows of one adorable pup after the other.

One of my favorite stories is the interactive introduction to the four new breeds in this year's show, which has audio and Slide Shows. Check it out here.

YouTube
of course also offers some video of the show. Here's Uno the Beagle winning Best in Show, the first ever Beagle to receive the award (YouTube doesn't allow you to embed this video). Look how happy he is when he wins.

Aww.

And here's another video, the intro to the 132th show:

How can you not get excited with an opening segment like that.

I think next year I'll enter Fredy and Cracker. They're sure to give Uno a run for his money.

1 comment:

BClear said...

UNO is like "It's mine it's mine! I win!, gimme that ribbon." He's so cute, he deserved it.